Serves 6 people
- 1.25kg cooked chicken or or turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
- 200g lasagne sheets
- 450g leeks, sliced into thick rings
- 100g butter
- 115g plain flour
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750ml litre chicken stock
- 250ml white wine
- 115g gruyere cheese
- 55g cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 255ml single cream
- 2tbsp grated parmesan
- Handful pinenuts
- Pre-cook lasagne sheets if necessary.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Fry leeks in large saucepan with 15g butter until soft, then remove with slotted spoon and put to one side in another dish.
- Melt rest of butter in saucepan, stir in flour and cook over medium heat stirring for a minute.
- Take pan off the heat, whisk in stock and white wine.
- Then return pan to heat, bring to boil and cook stirring for around 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat again, stir in 100g Gruyere cheese and cheddar cheese, season and add single cream.
- Spoon a little of sauce into ovenproof dish (approx. 3L in size) and top with lasagne sheets.
- Follow with a layer of chicken and leeks and sprinkle with parmesan, repeat layers but finish with lasagne and sauce.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses and pinenuts
- Cook at 200C for 45 minutes and leave to stand for 15 mins before serving.
Robin - could leave out cheese and use more stock cubes in your stock for flavour?