I had another day off today - woke up early, took Lydia to nursery, came back and breakfasted and enjoyed a few hours of bobble knitting and watching TV. I took a stroll to the bakers and bought bread and cakes, and did some tidying. Then we got the phone call from nursery saying there's been a Covid case, and we need to come and pick up Lydia.
So roll on two weeks at home with a toddler.
Once home, she and I shared a cake and she watched Mr. Tumble whilst I compared work diaries with Tom to work out how we're going to share the childcare. Then a bath and playing with the toy vehicles on the mat whilst I made dinner of Cuban beef with olives.
After dinner, more playing before bedtime. I got her sorted for bed today and she went pretty happily today, reading stories to herself. I changed the sheets and am now watching a bit more TV.
Need to think about what activities I'm going to do with Lydia whilst she isolates. We've stocked up on sticker comics for her for when we need to make work phone calls. So far I'm thinking, more for my reference than yours:
- Cornflour, food colouring and toys
- Christmas baking last weekend in Dec
- Make Christmas cards
- Masking tape games
- Pin the tail on the....
- Will it float or sink?
- Bike ride in the garden
- Find it in the dark....
- Finger paints in empty bath
- Family disco on Friday nights
- Real food in the toy kitchen
- Bike ride in garden
- Tea party for teddies
- Magnetic letters
- Throwing and catching the ball
- Doctors and nurses with the teddies
- Messy art
- Baking biscuits
- Making pikelets
- Dinosaur Water painting
- Brio train in the garden
- Watering the plants
- Planting bulbs
- Play dough with cookie cutters and little rolling pin from toy kitchen
- Big bubble bath with/out you kitchen stuff
- Naked finger paints in the bath
- Bake bread
- Make chocolate crispy cakes
- Make a den out of chairs and blankets
- Make a boat on the floor out of blankets
- Chalks on the patio
- Collect leaves in garden and make picture
- Collect stones in garden and make picture
- Dress up in dressing up clothes and make believe play
- Pretend to be on an aeroplane, bus, train, car
- Put lots of rice or pasta in a roasting dish and dig it up with the toy diggers
- Put lots of rice or pasta in a roasting dish and use the toy kitchen equipment to scoop it up
- Pretend to be animals/dinosaurs
- Play bedtimes with the toys
- Sort the toys by colour or size
- Play with the brio trains
- Play with the bricks
- go and look at the pictures at our house and talk about whats in the pictures
- Make silly faces in the mirror
- Read a different book
- Look and talk about the pictures in a magazine or newspaper or catalogue
- Blow bubbles
- Get all the coloured scarves out
- Play hide and seek
- Put real water/food in the toy kitchen
- Play run away run together
- Play flying
- Play copy me
Any other suggestions welcome!